The Policy and Legal Research Center works in collaboration with various national and international individuals and organizations to respond to the complexities of policy making and analysis on the issues of justice, human rights, democracy, rule of law and good governance, and come up with the common approaches and agendas for formulating national policies. The center brings together policy makers, practitioners, researchers and academicians to a common platform. The center adopts a hands-on, analytical and collaborative approach to facilitate attitudinal and behavioral changes within the criminal justice, law enforcement and security stakeholders. Human Rights trainings are also conducted for a significant number of Senior Police Officers to comply with national and international HR obligations.
- Made a Breakthrough in Juvenile Justice System (JJS) in Nepal undertaking situational analysis, sensitizing JJ stakeholders, introducing diversion mechanism, and supporting infrastructural development.
- Accomplished Pioneering research works in the reform of Criminal Justice System in Nepal; a proponent of Fair Trial Situation in the nation
- Worked as a Catalyst for the Peaceful Transformation of Conflict (2004-2006)
- Lobbied with Constituent Assembly Members for the Devolution of Power to the Local Government in the New Constitution. 60 CA members were consulted with and live television discussions with senior leaders of major political parties were held.
- National Laws harmonized with International Human Rights Standards to Prevent Sexual Violence in Nepal
- Fore-runner in the Fight against Trafficking, VAW and Discriminatory Laws
- Launched Right-based Approach in the field of Anti-trafficking and incorporated this in the common curricula of the Law Schools in South Asia (India, Bangladesh & Nepal)
- Developed expertise within the Nepal Police, the APF & other Law Enforcement Agencies of 28 districts to combat human rights violations and improper use of force and torture.
- Collaborated with the National Security Agencies & Danish National Police in mutual exchange programs for better policing and justice delivery
- Capacity strengthening of Police and Prosecutors for the implementation of New Criminal Laws