LLM in Business and International Trade Laws
Duration : 2 years
The program possesses its independent research department “Business Law Department” to carry out its academic and research activities.
Business Law Department :
The department operates the academic and research activities of LL.M. in Business and International Trade Laws. Major objectives of the department are:
1) To promote research oriented activities in field of business and international trade laws in national, regional and international level.
2) To serve up to date information in the related field of Business and International Trade Laws.
3) To coordinate with like-minded institutions in implementing academic as well research activities in the area of business and international trade laws.
LL.M. in Business and International Trade Laws is another specialized course offered by KSL since 2004. In this era of globalization, the course caters the need of enhancing comparative and critical discussion and understanding on Nepalese and foreign laws and recent trends and development in the field of international trade affairs. The program possesses its independent research center- Business Law Center to carry out its academic and research activities.
Modules offered in the First Year
1) Comparative Study of Legal System (100 Marks )
- To help students critically understand the tenets and trends of various legal systems, and thus prepare them to develop critical analysis of concepts and principles of laws.
- To impart knowledge on theoretical base of the Nepalese system, and thus develop it as a viable system to address the needs.
2) Legal Research (100 Marks)
- To help students develop critical knowledge of fundamental concepts, elements and processes of legal research,
- To help them develop research based professionalism,
- To encourage involvement in multi-faceted research of laws, and
- To help thereby development of laws and justice in Nepal.
3) Contract Law (100Marks)
- To familiarize students with general principles of Contract Law, and
- To impart a knowledge of comparative and critical understanding of the Nepalese and Foreign Laws on Contract.
4) Laws of Intellectual property (100Marks)
- To impart comprehensive and analytical knowledge on Intellectual Property Laws
- To provide extensive knowledge to examine various philosophical and policy consideration in relation to Intellectual Property Rights.
Modules offered in the Second Year
1) Laws on Corporate Management (100 Marks)
- To provide students with understanding of the basic features of Company and its functions,
- To familiarize them with legal mechanism for operation and management of corporation
- To acquaint the student with the functioning of the Company under Companies Act of Nepal.
2) Taxation Law (50 Marks)
3) Banking Law (50Marks)
- To impart comprehensive and analytical knowledge on Law of Banking and Insurance Laws.
- To provide extensive knowledge to examine various philosophical and policy consideration in relation to Law of Banking and Insurance Laws.
4) Insurance Law (50 Marks)
5) International Trade Law and Arbitration (50 Marks)
- To provide the students with advanced international trade law, trade regime and knowledge and attitude as to trade transactions.
- To make students conversant with recent trends and developments in the field of international trade law
6) Dissertation (100 Marks)